Miscellaneous Ramblings of a Mother of Three

General rantings, musings and purging

Saturday, May 11, 2002

Today is the beginning of my blogging adventure.

Once upon a time, I envisioned myself as the mother of 6 kids. I was demented and uninformed enough to think this would be a good idea. I even had all 6 names picked out 3 for girls and 4 for boys. I spent hours and hours coming up with exactly the right combinations of family names (mine only of course, since there was no spouse involved and I am a self centered freak). Sarah Aston, Emily Elizabeth, William Aston...I can't even remember the others--I am sure they are in a notebook that I have stashed somewhere in the basement. **shudder** yet another reason to clean out that god-awful mess. I wasin high school and "in love" my naivete must be excused.

Welcome to the real world, Kim. three boys and I am officially at my limit. truthfully, for my parenting skills, I think I was at my limit 2 kids ago, but we are muddling through somehow. I cannot imagine how people can afford to raise more than 3 kids or even more impressively, remember all the names. I have called the middle one every name under the sun today, poor thing. He must know the tone of voice I use for him because he answers anyway.

Mothers Day is tomorrow. I know I should want to envelop myself in motherly love, but all I honestly want is a long, hot, bubbly bath ALONE and a nice, clean, wide bed to sleep in for 12 hours ALONE. I'd give my right arm for it. Instead, I will be trying to keep three boys from falling into the pool or touching a hot grill while my dear husband under cooks or burns burgers and my MIL clucks over the wheezy boy and how I am not doing something right. Then we'll all head home to the nastiest house in three counties and try to scrape together clean clothes for the family to wear on Monday. School ends in 2 weeks and we are now officially in survival mode--just stay moderatly clean and fed til May 24 and then we are home free. I will need a break after Mothers Day and don't think I won't let them know it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home