Miscellaneous Ramblings of a Mother of Three

General rantings, musings and purging

Monday, July 29, 2002


One more week and then back to school

I found out yesterday that one of my favorite fellow teachers has left. That is two since school ended. Rats and sinking ships come to mind. This one is a huge blow to all of us--Mike was someone we could all depend on for everything and one of the few male teacher/coaches who didn't think that school was there for sports. I dread thinking of who will replace him. It is going to be difficult, if not impossible, to begin this year with a positive attitude. I am going today to discuss a list of things with the boss. I told myself that I cannot afford to make any changes this year with W.'s shaky status job wise, but if there isn't significant improvement in morale and the general day to day stuff at school, I am going to be putting a whole hearted effort into making some changes next school year. I never thought I would say this, yet I say it everytime I talk about work.Mike was the same---12 years, never a moment of hesistation. Last year, boom. Now we have lost him. Tina and I both dread this year. Three new high school teachers, one position cut, and a new assistan principal, plus both of us having to teach a middle school class. Damn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home