Miscellaneous Ramblings of a Mother of Three

General rantings, musings and purging

Tuesday, May 14, 2002

Hell thy name is Field Day. It is 10:30 and I am ready to throttle about 10 boys of various ages and 2 girls who are just beyond annoying. (insert primal scream here). WTF can't they just have fun???? When my boys are 16-17, I may seriously consider mililtary school. There is just nothing worse than an 11th grade boy. I am so glad I do not have to teach 11th grade English anymore. At least with seniors, you have the whole graduation threat looming over their heads. Fear is a good thing, really it is.

I left a sicky with W. today--Jay was up last night off and on for a couple of hours--moaning in his sleep even. He said his stomach, neck, mouth and ear hurt. I gave him some faux motrin and he was able to sleep great the rest of the night. His temp was 100 at midnight and back to normal this morning. He is still teetering on the edge of a bad attack. The funky weather isn't making things better, either. Today is was 44 in the morning and already 70 now. These cycles just mess with him so badly.

Last night, poor baby, he was sooo tired because he didn't nap well. He stumbled into the sunroom, grabbed a blanket, laid down on the couch and said, "I just can't take it anymore!" He was asleep in 10 minutes--a personal record for him. I am still laughing about that

Five went on a field trip to the library today. I had no idea when they were leaving or if he was supposed to bring a lunch. I hate being so out of the loop. I am just hanging on til the end of school. Third grade is going to kick our collective asses if we don't get in gear.

I just ate a Snickers--*sigh*-and I am drinking a Coke. My life is so sucky, yet oddly fulfilling. I had the worst Monday in a long time yesterday--I will fill in those details later--now it is back to my own special torture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home