Miscellaneous Ramblings of a Mother of Three

General rantings, musings and purging

Thursday, May 16, 2002

You want to know what kind of week I am having? Probably not. I swear, I promise that I do not make this up--I am evidently one of those not-so-lucky souls that lives in a sitcom. Sort of like the Osbournes, but with out the money, the drugs, the gorgeous house and the foul-mouthed kids.

1. Field Day--if you never went to one in high school, you are lucky. If you have never been to one after you graduated from high school--even luckier. How sad is it that 11th grade boys have to cheat at a "Spoon and Water" relay--you know--they take turns and run up to a bucket, fill a spoon with water, then run back dump it in a cup, pass it to the next person, etc. Some dumbass thought no one would notcie if he poured some water from his bottle into the cup. So, when the rest of the teams had from 60-68 mL of water, he was suprised we didn't buy it that they had nearly 90. Then they cheated at another relay. I can't wait to grade their research papers next year.

2. Sam had a haircut Tuesday--SIL took him. It took her, the cutter and my neice to hold him down. For some insane reason, she gave him an Oreo before the cut. By the time it was over, he was covered in hair and Oreo. The best part was her shirt and Brittany's shirt--they looked like they had been doing some rituatlistic oreo sacrifice--they were covered in it. You had to laugh. His hair looks great, though, and if I could figure out how to add pics, I would show him off. And if I could find my digital camera, which I have lost, and if the camera had batteries, which it doesn't.

3. I have spent $500 more than I was supposed to this month. So much for that whole budget concept. Giant, huge, mongo fight followed.

4. I am still hemorraging (sp?)--I would have breastfed Sam until he was 30 if I had known what was in store when he weaned.

5. Our house stinks like soured milk--Sam dumped a cup of milk out in is high chair and then I cleaned it up with paper towels (Mommy points for me for not waiting till it dried). I am so stupid, though, I threw the towels in the garbage and now the stench of sour milk is still hanging in the air.

6. The cat died. We haven't told the kids. We ahve been so busy and crazy, they haven't even noticed she is gone.

7. Five had his first TKD tournament and I didn't get to go. I had to do Saturday school. His outfit got washed with a blue crayon and it wouldn't come out, so we had to take shoe polish and cover up the blue spots. His patch wasn't sewn on, so Woody pinned it. He looked like a homeless martial artist. He had a blast, though, and that is all that mattered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home