Miscellaneous Ramblings of a Mother of Three

General rantings, musings and purging

Monday, May 20, 2002

So, here I sit at work at night when I should be working. I am not working.

I am blogging.

I am not even blogging well. I am just rambling on and on. I need to stop. Problem is, I can't. If I stop I will have to work and I just don't want to work. I don't want to begin to sift through the mountainous pile of papers that are on every flat surface in my room. I don't want to try to make out an exam for my first class tomorrow. I don't want to grade the last 2 research papers that I missed the other day. I don't want to do anything but just purge the scary things that are running through my head. That problem is, once I did that, my friends would all think I am nuts. So, I suppose, at this point, I have no choice. I must get to work. I must do something productive. If I start looking through the pile of crap on my desk, I might find my CD with Rob Thomas on it. My CD player at home is broken, so I am unable to get my fix. ....Sad. Even the thought of Rob singing Smooth isn't enough to make me want to clean off the crap pile that I call work space.

I must seek inner motivation. I must find an intrinsic force to urge me forward in the quest for a clean desk...........

Okay--I will now settle for an extrinsic force...................um........If I clean off my desk and get this work done, tomorrow I can play Delta Force with my senior boys during my planning period. That is it. I can do this. Obmik must reign supreme again tomorrow and take out all her frustrations on the poor helpless souls of Keerax, Maximus, Kilroy, Commando Steven, PLL, T-Mac and Trashy Lady. Off to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home