Miscellaneous Ramblings of a Mother of Three

General rantings, musings and purging

Saturday, May 18, 2002



Kim


Boring, self examination yet again

I am one of those people that likes to fade into the background at first, but it never fails, I get dragged out into the middle of things. I am sure it has something to do with my inability to shut up or to tolerate stupid people.I am not sure I really like who I am, though. Aside from all of the fat faults, I don't really think I am all that pleased with me Does that make sense?

One day at BYB someone asked the question, Would you be your own friend? or something along those lines. I am not really sure. I think I would get on my own nerves a lot. I interrupt people for one. I am a DAW (desperate attention whore). I am a very cynical and sarcastic person. No, really, I am. I have a tendancy to be foul mouthed in adult settings where I can get away with it.I exaggerate. I am forgetful and not particularly dependable. So, if it were me and a Kim Clone ( a very scary thought), no, I don't think we would be friends.

This leads me to another train of thought. The whole opposites attract thing. W. and I are very similar in many respects. But we re just different enough to compliment each other in many repects instead of compete. The only area we really compete is that we are both inherently slovenly. I suppose if we were opposite there, one of us would have killed to other by now.

I think friends are sort of like this, too. At least maybe females. My friends are all different than me. I suppose that is why they can stand to be around me and vice versa. I don't think of myself as one of those high maintenance friend-types or anything stressful like that. I am the one they know will say what they are thinking. Those co-workers or aquaintances that I don't get along with are typically too much like me. I suppose a clique can only have one verbose, sarcastic, opinionated DAW.

Not to totally diss myself. I know that my dear, sweet Traci thinks I am always down on myself (what does she know, she's a cracker). I know have my good points.I just think they need some fine tuning. I need to really spend some time this summer redefining who Kim is. Right now she isn't a very likeable person on many fronts. Maybe likeable isn't they best word. Admirable might be better. Not trying to be depressing--just honest. I am not a particularly honest person on many fronts--it is time to fix that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home