Miscellaneous Ramblings of a Mother of Three

General rantings, musings and purging

Thursday, May 23, 2002


My little dears are going out into the big bad world on their own. Scary, actually. Most of them still can't get to school on time or with any regularity, so the thought of them caring for me in my infirmity is a bit frightening. Thankfully, they grow up fast once the get out--with the sad exception of a few losers that still insist on involving themselves in every aspect of high school life. Why on earth would anyone 20 or older want to come to high school events? It makes no sense. I suppose it does say a lot about them socially and emotionally. W. and I used to joke about people we knew that peaked in high school. Wouldn't that be sad?

Anyway, this is it. 32 of them on their way. I will never make it through the night without crying. I heard the valedictorian practicing her speech and teared up--tonight it will be worse. There is something so refreshing about seeing those children trying to look so grown up and ready to face whatever lies ahead.

Fifteen years ago tonight, I graduated from high school. I had no idea what lay head of me. Amazing, really. If you had told me, I never would have believed it. A good 15 years, though. I can really have no complaints.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home