Miscellaneous Ramblings of a Mother of Three

General rantings, musings and purging

Monday, July 08, 2002


God, I hate summer!

I am just not a sweat person and in Tennessee in July, you are required to sweat. Ick. Took the boys to the playground for a picnic breakfast and we lasted an hour. By the time we left, we were all sweaty and mean. The park people were there with a water tank watering the new grass and the ground just sucked up all the water. In 30 minutes, I bet you couldn't even tell they had been here.

I cannot remember the last time it rained here....has to be two weeks. Our lawn is dying--the new sod we put down is brown. I hope it will come back, but our water bill is already outrageous, so we aren't going to spend tons more watering the grass. W. is even thinking of putting up a clothesline--the electric and water bill was 180 this month. YIKES. It is usually 125 or so. The a/c has been working over time, too, since it has been over 90 for weeks.

I am ready for summer to be over. I don't like anything about it. Not one damn thing. I even miss being at work right now....how sad is that? I am sure that in October, I will be dreaming of June, but for now, I would be willing to start work next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home