Miscellaneous Ramblings of a Mother of Three

General rantings, musings and purging

Tuesday, June 25, 2002


Statistics is going to f'ing kill me.

I did my homework right after class Friday and got it wrong. I know it was wrong because we were supposed to be predicting GPA and I got an answer of 6.54. Not exactly possible on a 4.0 scale. I redid it tonight and I think I fixed the problems. The GPA looks right, anyway. I am going to miss this week and then next week is the mid term. Lucky for me, he is not going to do any new material before the mid term. He will also review for the first hour, then we will take the test. I am still fucked royally. I just know it in my bones. I have to have a B in this class or take it over. I would sooner die. If I get a C, then I will just settle for the Plus 30 raise and be done. Nothing could ever make me take this class over agin. Nothing. NOTHING. NOTHING. The saddest part of the whole thing is I am the only one in my group that has the first clue what we are doing. I can figure out which formula to use, I just get the damn calculations wrong or do something out of order. I have some vague memory of "order of operation" in math--obviously I should have paid better attention. I cheated my way through all high school math classes, anyway. Now it is coming back to haunt me. If it wouldn't expose me and my family to tremendous humiliation, I would probably cheat on this mid term. It isn't worth that, though. I can only hope he will have mercy on us. And pray that everyone else does worse than me (is that too terrible of me?) so he will bump us all up.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I took the easiet final of my doctoral career tonight. It was a joke. Two "essay" questions.He told us the questions last week. He wanted our answers to be on one page; however, he didn't tell us this until I was on page 3, so he will just have to wade through my bullshit. Serves him right. It was the biggest waste of time I have ever paid $600 to suffer through. If I do not get an A I will raise hell til TSU relents and just gives me the damn diploma. The instructor didn't even have the fricking book. He had us each "present" a chapter--graduate speak for have the students do all the work. He tried to pretend that he had read it, but it was blatantly obvious he had not. He took every discussion so far off topic even he was confused. He also missed 2 classes, yet told us that absences could affect our grade. I was late one day and had to leave early once. I missed nothing according to those that were there. I deserve an A for having to sit through his lovefest with his fave student and his school and himself. Puke.

I am looking forward to the new semester, although they are going to work my ass off. I only wish stats was over this week, too. What a load off that would be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home