Miscellaneous Ramblings of a Mother of Three

General rantings, musings and purging

Sunday, June 23, 2002


Why am I up in the middle of the night? Because I have a 3 year old, that's why.

I am, yet again, a dumbass. I foolishly thought if Jay went to sleep at 5, he would sleep all night. He won't. He woke around 7 and wanted a snack, so he had a cookie and fell right back asleep. I slept right along beside him. Sam woke me up at 9. He was running about the house unsupervised. I snagged him and went to my bed where we slept until 11. Then Jay wet his pants and came crying for me. W. was still up, but he wouldn't do. Had to be mommy. I changed him and sent him in to see his dad. At some point in the next hour my brilliant husband decided it was okay to leave the 8 year old and the 3 year old on the couch watching cartoons while he went to bed. WTF? Jay woke me at 12:15 askig for a banana. It took me a few minutes to realize what was going on. I got him a banana and sent Five to bed under much protest. Jay and I are now on the couch watching History International. I am hoping to bore him to sleep. I let him watch his cartoons til 2, then switched over. I am just hoping he will fall asleep and at least stay that way until 6 or so. I really am not tired right now, so it isn't as horrible as it could have been.


One of my best friends from high school had her first child last week. A little girl--9 pounds. Hard to believe. We don't seem old enough to have children yet. Then I think about those that were pregnant when we graduated and realize that they have 15 year olds. Egads. I feel ancient with my almost 9 year old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home