Miscellaneous Ramblings of a Mother of Three

General rantings, musings and purging

Sunday, June 16, 2002


Happy Father's Day!

We have had a really laid back and quiet days. Sam woke up at the should-be-illegal-on-a-Sunday-or-summer-day hour of 5:00. Grrrrr. Because it is W.s' holiday, I did him the favor of dragging Sam to the sunroom and entertaining him and Jay, who was up by 5:45, all morning. We made breakfast for W. at 8. Eggs, toast and sausage. Jay wanted to put everything under the sun in the eggs--including green olives and dill pickles.We settled for ham and pepper jack cheese. W. was adequately grateful for the breakfast--I haven't told him how much he owes me for the lack of olives and pickles, yet. Five just made him a big bowl of ice cream with Redi Whip and he is having to share with Sam the scavenger. Sam approaches anyone with food in a dead run with his mouth wide open. Too funny.

Hard to believe that we have been parents for almost 9 years. I am amazed daily that my baby is a child. Nine years old. It seemed so old when I was 9. I can't helpd but think that my time with him full-time is half over. He is so much more a Daddy's boy now. I get them when they are little and cute. Then I turn them over to their dad. W. took Five to replace some window panes the other day. Five loves to learn how to do stuff like that and W. is so patient teaching him. He still teaches me stuff, too. I am going to grasp the concept of a gasoline engine eventually. I swear I am--if it kills us both. He tried to explain the difference between deisel and gasoling engines yesterday and I finally had to surrender. I did understand T scores in stats, so I don't feel like a total moron.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home