Miscellaneous Ramblings of a Mother of Three

General rantings, musings and purging

Monday, June 10, 2002


My stats were right. At least I am 99.9 percent sure they are. I ran the friggin numbers 3 times. Then I found a web site that does basic statistical computation for you. (Insert whooping and screaming and hopping up and down here) I plugged in my 40 numbers and it gave me the median (I was right--she was not), the mode (right again-how did she miss that one?) and the mean (never in question) I was also right on the standard deviation--down to the decimal points. Hot damn. I have to admit I got very defensive when she told me my answers were wrong. She said her hubby had made up a spreadsheet and he knew how to do these things and it matched up with her asnwers, so mine must be wrong. I am such a bitch. I reveled in sending her an email explaining how I found my answers and what the web site was if she wanted to check it. I assume she just entered a number or two incorrectly--but her answer was pretty far off from mine, so who knows. I do know I will feel like queen of the dumbasses if I find out I was wrong, but it wouldn't be the first time. Tonight, I gloat. Tomorrow, I draw a damn histogram that I forgot about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home