Miscellaneous Ramblings of a Mother of Three

General rantings, musings and purging

Monday, June 03, 2002


Hello, I am Kim, a bad mother. My two youngest children are at daycare today and the rest of the week.I feel guilty, but I have so much to do around the house, I feel like I can just get it done this week and then enjoy my summer with them instead of having it hanging all over my head all summer. So, I did some cleaning, but what else did I do? I went swimming. 2.5 hours in the water without a toddler. It was heavenly, I have to admit. I even had 45 minutes by myself--laid on a float for 30 minutes and 15 more spent finishing up my daily laps. I feel so much better right now. Came home, did lunch and have had a little time on line. Now Five and I will do some work downstaris in the playroom for an hour or so, go get the boys and have a great evening.

I don't expect everyone to understand why I do this--but it works for us. My kids have the most amazing caregiver. She is incredible. Plus, they spend time with their friends and play which would be much more fun than sitting around with me all day, really. This is their last week there for the summer. They may go part time if W. gets a job. They honestly enjoy it there, so I don't allow myself to feel huilty about it. Bad mommy? Maybe. But my kids are the three happiest little boys you will ever meet who know that their parents adore them as well as Baboo, Cynthia, Miss Connie, and Becky. They are incredibly lucky in that respect.

Tomorrow is the big paint day--the downstairs will be revamped and they will have their own little world to rule with glee. And I will be able to walk through my bedroom without stepping G I Joe, three planes, a car and some Legos. At least I hope so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home