Miscellaneous Ramblings of a Mother of Three

General rantings, musings and purging

Wednesday, June 26, 2002


I finally broke down and spent the $9 on Lipfinity lipstick.

I spent a good 15 minutes persuing the selection. I even did the unthinkable and tried 3 different colors on my hand. I looked athem in different lights. I held my hand at different angles, trying to make sure that I saw them in all situations possible at KMart. I am notorious for getting home with lipstick that is too shiny or too dark. I am not a flashy kind of person, so I try to be subtle. I finally made my choice.I was so excited to try it this morning. I put it on very carfeully after the adivce of those who had not. As I was applying it, I realized that I had definitely been subtle.

It is the same damn color as my own lips.

I spent $9. to get my own lip color with a little extra shine. I could have used lip balm for $1 and been just as well off. I do the same thing with hair color--I spend an hour picking it out and applying it, and my hair is the same damn color.

Now I am looking at the samples on my hand and I realize that I should have gone with the color that I thought was too dark. I am sure I will never remember the name of it and it will take me forever to use up the first color. Perhaps I can scrape up the $9 before school starts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home