Miscellaneous Ramblings of a Mother of Three

General rantings, musings and purging

Monday, July 15, 2002


I am just wiped out.

Every muscle in my body hurts. My hair hurts--is that possible? My scalp is just sore to the touch. I am one giant bundle of nerves and stress. I have so much to do this week that no matter how much I do, I am gettnig no where. Fast. I spent 4 hours working today, plus 2 more on stats, plus 2 hours at commission. Then came home and the house was a certifiable disaster area. How on earth can two small children get in to so much while being supervised? Ah, wait. There's the rub. They weren't adequately supervised. Their father was in charge and he had his bead shoved into Tetris all afternoon, I guarantee.

Let me set the scene for you:

I walk in at 6 p.m. I had left at 8, come home at 10:30 long enough to chnage clothes and fix sandwiches for the two boys (Five is at my mom's), then I left until 4, came home, grabbed some paperwork and went back out til 6. Upon my return, Sam is still wearing the same dirty shirt he had on when he woke up this morning, which is the same shirt he wore yesterday and fell asleep in. He had added Sprite to the ravioli stains. His diaper was pitiful. Jay was in his underwear and he just smelled. No nice way to phrase it. As best I can tell, the only thing the two of them did not drag out today was the gerbil and the fish. Everything else was fair game. The broom and dustpan were in the middle of the floor, but there was no evidence that anyone with any sweeping skills to speak of had actually made use of it. Newspaper everywhere. Books and the damn Legos I put up last night scattered about. Throw pillows on the floor, clothes here, there and yonder. Phone book on the floor. Bag of garbage where it was last night. Jay had eaten newspaper. Yes, you read that right. He had chewed up wads of it and threw it in the floor. Sam was coloring on scraps of paper as he found them. I could have killed someone.

I want pizza. I am craving pizza. We have no pizza.

I screwed up some tags and have blue text everywhere--guess I could fix that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home